You have landed at the Internet home of Dr. Edd Barrett: Computer scientist, programmer and OpenBSD developer.
I am currently working as a research associate within the Software Development Team of the Department of Informatics, King's College London. I'm working on composing (as in mixing) programming language VMs and Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler performance. For more information on research activity, see the publications page.
- 2017-01-25: Updated "Virtual Machine Warmup Blows Hot and Cold" talk given to the SMAL group at King's College London.
- 2016-01-17: Add "Academic Service" section.
- 2016-09-21: Laurence Tratt posted an article on his blog about our work on fine-grained language composition.
- 2016-09-27: I will be speaking at SREPLS-4.
- 2016-08-29: Attended G2K16 in Cambridge.
- 2016-07-28: Added Talks page.
- 2016-07-18: Fine-grained Language Composition: A Case Study published in ECOOP.
[EE PDF Sig Video ]: Fine-grained Language Composition: A Case Study (2016) Edd Barrett, Carl Friedrich Bolz, Lukas Diekmann and Laurence Tratt, In The European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP) 2016.
[EE PDF Sig ]: Virtual Machine Warmup Blows Hot and Cold (Extended Abstract) (2016) Edd Barrett, Carl Friedrich Bolz, Rebecca Killick, Vincent Knight, Sarah Mount and Laurence Tratt, In The Implementation, Compilation and Optimization of Object-Oriented Languages, Programs and Systems Workshop (ICOOOLPS) 2016.
[EE PDF Sig ]: Unipycation: A Case Study in Cross-language Tracing (2013) Edd Barrett, Carl Friedrich Bolz and Laurence Tratt, In The ACM Workshop on Virtual Machines and Intermediate Languages (VMIL) 2013.
More publications over at the Publications page.
- On the program committee for the Implementation, Compilation, Optimization of Object-Oriented Languages, Programs and Systems Workshop (ICOOOLPS) 2016.
- Reviewed for the Journal of Object Technology (JOT) in 2016.
- Publicity chair for the Dynamic Languages Symposium (DLS) 2014.
- On the program committee for the Workshop on Dynamic Languages and Applications (Dyla) 2014.